As I wanted to make something special, I decided to forego my normal recipe (tuna, mayo, eggs, celery) for a totally different tuna salad. The secret ingredients in this new tuna is the curry and parmesan cheese.
I bought all the ingredients (unlike me, most people probably have most of these at home already) and put it together.
I kind of kept fooling around with the ingredients during taste tests and something just realy felt missing, yet everyone said that it was the best tuna salad they’d ever had, This is called BARBIE’S TUNA SALAD from All Recipes.com.
I believe it needed more crunch and I do believe that, had I added cucumber to it, the taste would have been better,
Anyways, here is the recipe:
- 1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with curry powder, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 228 | Total Fat: 17.3g | Cholesterol: 24mgPowered by ESHA Nutrient Database
It really helps to read the reviews on this (you don’t need to read all 872), as people say what they did to make it more to their liking and some of their suggestions are great. Alot of people also said that they used 1/2 the mayonnaise.
If you get the chance to try it out, please let me know what you think.
- Tuna Pasta Salad (katydidcountry.com)
- Tuna Salad Lunch With a Friend and a Seafood Supper (self.com)
- Not a Boring Tuna Salad (amixofitall.wordpress.com)